Redfeather Snowshoe School Fitness Program.
Getting everyone moving in the winter is not only fun but it also benefits the physical and mental health of our bodies.
Redfeather feels strongly that snowshoeing is a great way to keep kids and adults moving during the winter months, and “If you can walk, you can snowshoe”. So we created the Redfeather Snowshoe Fitness Program for schools. Our Snowshoe Program is designed to provide educators, students, adults, kids of all ages and abilities the opportunity to improve their physical and mental health, while enjoying the beauty of the snowy winter outdoors.
Consider these facts
- Snowshoeing is one of the fastest growing outdoor activities, because it’s fun! Participation grew by 12% during the 2020/2021 season.
- Walking, running or simply playing while wearing snowshoes burns 45% more calories than these same activities without wearing snowshoes.
- Anybody can snowshoe. If you can put one foot in front of the other, you can do this.
- Our “easy on, easy off” binding will get kids snowshoeing in no time with no problems.
- There is no equipment maintenance and snowshoes are easily stored when not in use.
- It’s also an excellent cross training platform for track, cross country, soccer, football, and other sports. Studies at major universities have concluded that athletes who have trained in snowshoes have benefitted from a much greater aerobic capacity than those who performed the same activities but did not use snowshoes.
Redfeather provides special pricing on an assortment of snowshoes just for schools. We provide not only the snowshoes, but a tote bag for each pair of snowshoes ordered through our school program. Also included is our “Light As a Feather” snowshoe curriculum for physical education instructors and teachers to use to make snowshoeing a fun, active, and creative activity for every child involved. It’s a ready to roll physical activity program.
For a printable version of our School Fitness Program & snowshoes available, please click here.
For more information:
- Fill out this handy dandy form and we will contact you right away – this is the best way!
- Or call us at 1-800-525-0081 with your name, school, and city for a printable version of our School Order Form.