Let’s Work Together This Winter To Get Kids Moving.
Getting kids moving in the winter is one of the nation’s biggest challenges. With the rising rates of childhood obesity and so many technological distractions, the health of our school-age children is a national concern.
We at Redfeather feel strongly that snowshoeing is one of the answers to this issue of getting our children moving in the winter. As the saying goes, “If you can walk, you can snowshoe.” There is no special talent required. So we’ve created the Redfeather Snowshoe School Fitness Program (available free to schools who use our Redfeather School Program) to help kids become “Light As A Redfeather”. This Snowshoe Curriculum has been designed to accompany our Redfeather School Program snowshoes to provide educators in grades K – 12 with lesson plans, goals, terminology, history, games, special activities, and much more.
Consider these facts
- Snowshoeing is one of the fastest growing winter sports in America and in Europe, with participation up 43% in just three years’ time.
- Walking, running or simply playing while wearing snowshoes burns 45% more calories than these same activities without wearing snowshoes.
- Anybody can snowshoe. If you can put one foot in front of the other, you can do this.
- Redfeather’s “easy on, easy off” binding will get kids snowshoeing in no time, no problem.
- There is no equipment maintenance and snowshoes are easily stored.
- Snowshoeing has been proven to be an excellent cross training platform for track, cross country, soccer, football, and other sports. Studies at major universities have concluded that athletes who have trained in snowshoes have benefitted from a much greater aerobic capacity than those who performed the same activities but did not use snowshoes.
Redfeather provides special pricing on an assortment of snowshoes just for schools. We provide not only the snowshoes, but a tote/storage bag for each pair of snowshoes ordered through our school program.
Finally, we also include our “Light As A Redfeather” written snowshoe curriculum for physical education instructors and teachers to use to make snowshoeing a fun, active, and creative activity for every child involved.
Please contact us at email@example.com with your name, school, and city for a printable version of our School Order Form. Or call us at 1-800-525-0081 to request for one.
For a printable version of our School Program information, please click here.